Updated and Effective as of June 14th, 2018
Varick uses its services to provide targeted advertising on the Internet based upon the online behavior of a particular device user, including using third parties to collect data on this website for such purposes.
• Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) – http://www.networkadvertising.org/
• Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) – http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
• Digital Advertising Alliance Canada (DAAC) – http://youradchoices.ca/choices
• Digital Advertising Alliance EU (EDAA) – http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
• DAA AppChoices page – http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices
1) OUR SERVICES: Varick purchases online advertising on behalf of our clients. Varick uses a range of ad-serving and pixel-serving technologies, which come into contact with a user’s device through an Internet browser. When our technologies recognize a user’s device, we may serve an advertisement based upon that device’s past online behavior. For example, if you have visited a website that sells shoes, we may serve you advertisements for shoes. Our service recognizes the activities of the particular device’s Internet browser, not a particular user.
5) DATA RETENTION: We retain cookies, mobile device IDs and similar tracking identifiers for 45 days, from the last time we see that user online.
6) OPTING OUT OF ADVERTISING TARGETED BY VARICK MEDIA MANAGEMENT: Users who wish to opt out of cookie-based ad targeting by Varick can do so by visiting the opt-out section of this page. We will then store an “opt-out” cookie on your device to indicate to us that you no longer wish to see targeted advertising and we will no longer collect non-personally identifiable information from your device for such purposes. However, you may still see advertisements served by us. These advertisements will no longer be targeted based upon your online behavior. We will also continue to collect and use non-personally identifiable information for statistical and reporting purposes (but not for targeting). When you delete your cookies, change browsers or use a different cookie, our cookie (or an opt-out cookie) may no longer work and you will have to revisit the NAI website to opt out again.
You may select a system level advertising preference feature on your device and we will honor this preference to opt out your device from ad targeting by Varick on such devices. To learn more about how to exercise these options, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice.
For opt-out preferences on your smart/internet-connected televisions, please consult the help or support documentation for such devices.
7) OPTING OUT OF OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION: If you would like us to stop using your personally identifiable information collected through this website, then send us an email at email@example.com, and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
8) DO NOT TRACK: Through our website and our services, we do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers. To learn more about how you can exercise choices about the collection and use of certain data online for purposes of targeted advertising, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/consumers.
9) SECURITY: We understand that security is an important aspect of any data collection practice. Therefore, we have put in place and shall maintain reasonable physical and electronic security to try to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, your information. However, as an Internet-based business, we are unable to control every aspect of data collection or use and cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur.
12) CONTACT US: For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Marketing Department
711 3rd Ave, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017